I wrote this while journaling a couple months ago (yeah I actually journaled once!) but thought I would share it…So maybe it's not exactly correct, but it's makes the point. A point that I so often don't want to hear. But need to hear.
"The thing that I am most selfish about is my faith. I have the SAVING GRACE of Jesus Christ and I don’t share it with others. I don’t wanna talk about it because I am afraid of how I’ll look. But it’s like this. Compare it to this. There is a town that is dyeing from a disease. The longer it lasts the worse it gets. But a doctor, a great physician, knows the cure. He is the only that can save them. So, He sends his son to the town with the cure and some accept is and are healed, but others reject the son, and go so far as to kill him. But before he died he told the nurses he had trained with the cure that they are to spread it to everyone! What do you think they would do? Give as much of it out as they can right? Proclaim it from every radio, TV, and internet site that they have found the cure! But no. Instead they are afraid that people will reject them. Which is a valid fear. They saw the rejection of the doctor’s son. They see that people are so accustomed to the disease that is killing them that they don’t want a cure. So the nurses keep it to themselves. Everyday they are surrounded by people that so badly need the cure. But they don’t give it out. There are even people waiting for something, but because the nurses don’t try they never knew that those people needed it. That seems silly doesn’t it? Don’t you just want to yell at those nurses? I do! Give the people the freakin cure before they die! But this is us. Every. Single. Day. Yes, there are some of us that aren’t truly like that and we aren’t afraid to spread the gospel, but to extent there is that fear in all of us. I know for myself that I am so terribly scared of sharing my faith. I’m scared of rejection, I’m scared of telling it wrong, I’m scared of not having the answers. But I have to have FAITH that God is in control. He is bigger than our mistakes! There is a verse that says something like the hearing of God’s word never is in vain. TRUST GOD. He is bigger. And His will will be done."

No comments:
Post a Comment