Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fact.

Fact: I have not blogged in a long time.
Fact: I'm not sure if it even matters because I don't know if anyone reads this.
Fact: I'm still going to write something just because I feel like it.

Ok, so have you ever felt like there's so much going on you don't know where to start? Yeah. That's me. But I won't bore you by spilling out my life. I just want to share two things.

1: Today in sunday school, we were challenged to take a prayer walk on Thanksgiving day. You can do it by yourself or with others if you want. But for the first half of it, focus on giving thanks to God for any and everything. Obviously you don't want to be shallow and "ohhh thanks for this food and my new clothes"Don't get me wrong, we need to be thankful for everything, but try to focus on deeper things. Really search your heart on this one. And then for the second half of the walk, take time to give back to God the areas of your life that you have tried to control. Get it? Thanks…Giving…thanksgiving. :) ok. i'll stop. But anyway, I really hope I take time to do this, and you do to.

2. Life is crazy. A never ending process of change. And this is becoming more and more a reality for me. I wanna ask for your prayers. On January 1st, we will have renters moving into my home. And at this point, we probably won't be moved yet. We're still at 90% support raised and cannot leave till we reach all of this and get our visa's. So this means that I will be living in SC, but not at home. I am SO SO thankful to still be here, but this will be incredibly hard for me. Shippers are coming December 29th to pack up all our stuff. Guys. This is my home. I have never lived anywhere but this wonderful home back in the woods with the "mile long" driveway. I can't even think about it…..without crying…..
Please pray for me. Ask God to prepare my heart for this. In some ways I think this is more difficult than just moving. But having to see other people in my home but still live here. Also, please pray that God will provide somewhere for us to stay while we are still here.

I could go on and on. But I won't. I really am so thankful for everyone of you and everything God is taking me through. Even if it's so painful and hard.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. I love love love you! and I really hope I get the chance to take that prayer walk Thursday. You're about to embark on this crazy journey that, even though it may be the hardest thing you've gone through in your life so far, you are going to learn SO much, and grow SO much from it! I've never known what it's like to live in the same home in the same town long enough to really see it and only it as home, let alone the ONLY place you've lived for your ENTIRE life. It's crazy to me, but to you it's life, it's what you know. And all I want to say is that no matter where God takes you, how far away you are from your beautiful home in the woods with a mile long driveway that is always fun to drive down, you will still have your home, carrying it inside of you everywhere you go. Even if we don't get to talk much or see each other, we will know that we still love and have each other, we still look at the same moon every night, and we still worship and talk to the same Christ. No matter what, we'll never be alone or truly apart, and that's SO comforting. You are SO smart and loving and I know that you will be strong and get through anything that comes your way, with Christ's help. We will never know what will happen and become of us in the future, and the worst thing we can do is try to plan everything out and think we know how it will turn out, just to have everything crushed by God in his cunning ways. You never know, you might find you love Greece much more than you think you will, and we will all be here supporting you no matter what happens. More importantly, God will be right there with you. I LOVE YOU! Sorry for talking so much :P

    ReplyDelete