Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Golden Rule.

So you know those things that you hear ALL your life and you think it means one thing, and then suddenly you realize it actually means something else? Well I had one of those moments today in Sunday School. With the Golden Rule. Everyone knows it: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I've always kinda thought of that as "if you want someone to give you the first turn, the last bite, and the best seat, you should give THEM the first turn, the last bite, and the best seat." It's always struck me as kinda selfISH, but everyone seemed to tell you to do it like it was a selfLESS thing. But today, I realized the true meaning. If I was in a situation with, ohhh let's say Trey, it's not me saying, what would I wanna get out of this? And then give Trey that. No. It's me putting myself in Trey's shoes and thinking, "What would I, Trey, need in this situation?" And then turning around and helping Trey achieve that.
I hope that makes sense. But it was one of those things that I was just like "ohhhhhh! oh my gosh that's so cool!" I hope that doesn't make me completely like blonde for just realizing that, but I was excited. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha I like that I haven't really thought about that before!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete